Sometimes I’m lazy and I don’t feel like cooking my breakfast in the morning. I just feel like eating… This is why I always like to have prepared food in the house, that I can just heat in the microwave and have it ready to eat in under 2 minutes. Come on, admit it, You know you feel the same way! This is the perfect recipe for those kind of days where you’re tired and not in a cooking mood. You can make this recipe and then have 8 breakfasts prepared for you!
This frittata is totally delicious. When my brother had a piece for breakfast this morning he said “This is sooo good! I feel like I am eating a gourmet meal at a hotel!” Those were his exact words…No exaggeration. He wanted to know the origin of the dish for some reason. He was convinced it was a Mexican or Spanish dish. To his and my surprise, when I searched it up on the internet I discovered its an Italian dish. Who knew? Alright I’ll get to the point. Just make this dish. You won’t regret it for two reasons: 1. You’ll have more than a week’s “gourmet” breakfasts prepared for you! Or if your feeding a family you’ll have about 1-2 days of breakfast waiting in the fridge for you guys. (doesn’t that sound amazing!…) 2. It’s freak’n delicious people! Just ask my brother:) Now here’s the recipe you’ve all been waiting for!
- 12 whole Large Eggs
- Salt And Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese or shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar for topping
- 1 cup of whole milk or coconut milk (ex: so delicious brand)
- 2 cups of frozen roasted peppers and onions (from traders joes) OR 1 cup of chopped onion and 1 cup of roasted red peppers.
- 2 Cups of raw spinach or kale (steam it or sauté it in a pan)
- 3 cups of frozen broccoli (microwave until soft/ no longer crunchy)
- 4 oz (6 links) applegate farms chicken and sage breakfast sausage (defrosted in microwave and chopped up into tiny pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a 10 inch ovenproof pan. At this point all ingredients should be cooked. If not, then sauté veggies.
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl and beat with milk. Add in the all the cheese besides the 1/4 cup for topping.
3. Chop all veggies into tiny pieces. (You don’t want to put a big chunk of veggies in your mouth for breakfast.)
4. Add veggies, and chopped sausage, salt, and pepper to the egg mixture.
5. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until starting to set.
6. Remove pan from stove and place in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until set and slightly firm.
7. Turn off the oven and Sprinkle the frittata with the 1/4 cup of cheese (or more). Leave frittata in oven for a few minutes to allow cheese to melt.
8. Take out of oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve and Enjoy! Or allow it cool completely and store in the fridge for easy all-ready prepared meals.